Model Pics

Model Pics
Break the Chain Apparel

Monday, July 28, 2014

Keeping it real

Coming in to the Break the Chain store today I was hit with an incredible feeling of loss and failure.  Have you ever put your heart and soul into something to realize that maybe what you have been doing isn't working, but were to afraid to admit or accept it? This is where I am today.  I have not been completely honest.  Our sales have dropped off to record lows.  Our sponsorship's are not what they were last year, and I find myself asking why?  Every day we have people coming in asking for donations and free apparel to help support the many different school promotions, clubs, sports and individuals.  I have to admit the majority have never set foot in our store before that moment, or even know who we are, or why we do what we do.   Today I chose to educate a young man that came in to ask for a donation.  I said, “Do you know what Break the Chain is about”?  He said, no.  I said, can I tell you?  He and I had a wonderful conversation about Break the Chain, and he left with a completely different view of who we are and why we do what we do. 

The way Break the Chain is funded is through clothing sales, and sponsorship's.  If you have ever wanted to purchase some our gear, and thought oh I’ll do it later, I am asking that you do it now.   I am not giving up, but we could really use a hand up now.  This mission is everything to us, and failure is not in my DNA.   Although you cannot measure our success with dollars and cents, we unfortunately need it to keep up our day to day operations.  I guess what I am asking for is help.  If you have any questions or ideas I am more than willing to listen.  No matter what I still have Hope.  I am NOT going out of business; I am just reevaluating how we move forward. 

Our store address is 102 S Center St Ste B Sublimity, Oregon.  Hours of operation are M T W F 10:30 - 5:00 we are closed on Thursday's and weekends due to the many events we attend.  Our business phone number is 503 859-5555.  
Our website is http://www.breakthechainapparel.com

Challenge:  Is it hard for you to ask for help?  Do you feel it’s a sign of weakness or strength? 


Scripture:

1 comment:

  1. Tammie, I am so proud of you for posting this. :-) Now share with the readers what Break the Chain does do? What do you stand for? It's not just a store. In fact the store is just to fund the ministry. A ministry that our town, our canyon, our world so desperately needs. Its a voice for the voiceless, a fight against fear, domestic violence, bullying, addition. It's a conversation. It's walking with someone through their circumstances. It's real, in your face message that the Enemy is at work, & we are standing in direct opposition, with the help of Christ, positioned to defeat him. It's learning how to stop being a victim & start being responsible. It's real, honest, in your face, by your side, through pain, hurt, & with Hope.

    ReplyDelete